Translate by Google Translate
Search by Title
- Monday Mirth; ‘Cause You Can’t Think That Hard On Vacation August 5, 2019
- Indigenous Funds Are Not ‘Federal Funds’ – A Quick Educational Reality Check July 17, 2019
- Blackbird Fly… June 23, 2019
- Summer Advances May 10, 2019
- What is the “Indigenous Rights Framework” and Why Do All Indigenous People Need To Know It? April 15, 2019
Reader’s Picks for the Day
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Email Address: email@example.com
Posts I visited that made me smile, think, laugh, cry, or caught my eye because…
Copyright in all material on this website is either owned by Blog Woman!!!, or Blog Woman!!! has obtained permission, or a licence to use the Material for the website. The Material on the site is protected by the Copyright Act. … and blah, blah, blah. Please just ask for permission to use, or give credit where due. Thanks so much.
Tag Archives: Family Dysfunction
Sometimes old memories float up in need of a little light… A soul’s whisper to let it go.
I was 14 years old. My mother and I were living in an apartment on the 14th floor of a basic downtown high-rise. We were there because that’s where she was when I ran away from the last foster home I’d intended to live in.
I threatened to run away and never be found again if they made me go back to that home. The Department of Social Services, and my unprepared mother, gave in.
My mother had been struggling with escape from an abusive marriage, alcoholism, and no way to fully support her daughters. That’s how we ended up in foster care just after Christmas that year… Continue reading