Friday Funnies – ‘Cause I Was A Goat Herder

OK, OK, I wasn’t really a goat herder. At least not in the literal sense. It was just a little fun I had with Linkedin.  If you don’t know what Linkedin is, well, neither do a lot of the people who actually use it.

How do I know that? Well, because once in a while I like to test the efficacy of certain operating procedures in my world. This time I wondered about the effectiveness of my notifications on Linkedin, so I made a couple of changes to my profile.  I changed my name to Shelley Miller and I ramped up my rather average marketing title to ‘Goat Herder’.  I also changed my location to Montana for good measure and then I kept that profile up for two weeks.

Goat herder

Montana

Do you know what kind of response I got to all these changes in my life? Nothing. Nada. Not even a blip on any social media radar. Is it me? Do I have to really, really up my game to make it in business social media?

Why not? Apparently I can be anything I want on Linkedin anyway. I’m seriously considering – ‘Fire Hula Hooping Rocket Scientist’, tagline: “We light the fire under your landing pads”!

Maybe it’s better to leave plain marketing as is and return to Memey Vice. Let’s face it, this post has gone to the dogs anyway and maybe even a monkey too, but strangely, no goats…

dog fence

Reason has its moments… Guess which one works for Linkedin?

Well played sharon

Don’t ever underestimate a woman, dog… Just sayin’

ya gotta be kidding

Yeah…. no words. Just backing away slowly.

13882698_1436669333013472_568232453088783602_n

I always know how to work a Friday!

13925138_970901479685221_1854415682594404949_n

Whatever gets you over the humps.

cat found

Probably sister to meme #4

Yup Canada

Because Canada, and it’s how we summer, eh?

Have an awesome final August weekend.  Cheers!

RL

Advertisements

About Blog Woman!!!

Once in a while I can rock a thought. I simply believe in what I stand up for. I'd most like people to know that surviving the trials of mountains and monsters is more than resilience. It’s a path to your destiny. On a mostly weekly basis I throw out a grab-bag of facts, ideas or creativity; like a box of chocolates wrapped in ribbons of occasional profanity.... In other words, it's my party I can fun if I want to. So, let's talk.
This entry was posted in Humor, Lighter Side, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Friday Funnies – ‘Cause I Was A Goat Herder

1. elkelorraine says:

Thanks for the Friday morning chuckles. I don’t think goat herder is in high demand…anywhere. I think they have dogs that do that. But Fire Hula Hooping Rocket Scientist? Now there’s something I can instill in my kids to become. And maybe LinkedIn will get their act together by then and know how to use algorithms to brings us all together one crazy career at a time. Happy Hump Friday! (yeah, because a camel reference is good any old day of the week).

Liked by 1 person

2. Barb Miller says:

Birdy…you just continue to amaze me,

Liked by 1 person

3. Lynn says:

Theses made me smile! Happy weekend to you Robyn😉

Liked by 1 person

4. ken miller says:

Way to go Shelly

Liked by 4 people

5. weezerthe1 says:

LOL. I often pad my list of accomplishments by including some things my son told his preschool teacher I did. He told them I was an Olympic bobsledder. Then he said I was a wrestler in the WWE. I’ve always thought that if I tell enough people it may come to be believed but it turns out my greatest accomplishment is as a Mom who tends to repeat herself. Did I mention I repeat myself? 😉

Happy Friday. Sending you much love!

Liked by 1 person

6. joannesisco says:

What makes the last photo particularly funny is that he actually looks like someone I know 🙂

Liked by 1 person

7. ledrakenoir says:

Sure our way of seeing Linkedin have a lot in common… 😀
    But no doubt so you are a kind of person worth being friend with… 🙂

Why not goats.? 🙂
    Camels aren’t we told we have to swollow them and not loaded on the back seat… 😀

Liked by 1 person

8. Thanks to you, I have the Lonely Goatherd from Sound of Music stuck in my head. Yodalayhee to you too.

Liked by 1 person

9. diahannreyes says:

Hilarious! I love that you did this and that you reported your findings. I sometimes feel ancient because social media can still feel like this foreign idea that I’m forced to wrap my brain around.

Liked by 1 person

• Diahann! Hello! Yeah, sometimes chaos inspires one to test all kinds of things. LOL. What a another year of going around the bend, but it’s all been good and exciting. I hope all is well with you and I’m looking forward to heading to your place to catch up!

10. Bwaaahaaahaaaa! It’s not Friday anymore, but you still had me in stitches, soul sister! ❤ So tell, me, when you herd your goats, do you get to carry one of those curly sticks like shepherds uses? 😉 ❤ xoxo

Liked by 1 person

11. Kendra says:

They say you can be anything you want. Why not a goat Herder!? Haha

Liked by 1 person

So, watcha think, let's talk about it...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s